Upon entering the service each individual is allocated a support worker where needs and risk assessments are compiled. We recognise that each individual's requirements are unique and impact the way they manage their own life and therefore all assessments are tailored and the service user's involvement is paramount.
We offer long term accommodation only:
- A new service user will move into either a bedsit or a flat depending on their level of independence . These are the 3 flats and 6 bedsits where the office is located.
- During times where Supporting Homeless is full we often refer possible candidates to our sister organistaion SAIL.
- Staff are available 24 hours a day.
- Support available when service users want and need it.
- A full board service is provided.
- The service users at Supporting Homeless are all long term service users so are unlikely to move into independent living.
- We support our service users with budgeting, claiming benifits, form filling, reading and understanding correspondence.
- Making and attending appointments with service users.
- We grant access to educational and training services.
- Supporting Homeless is an adaptive service, tailored to the individual's needs.
- Our staff are sensitive, confidential, consistent and creative.